Copy courtesy of www.cleanzine.com
Reflecting the increasing importance of training in our cleaning and hygiene industry, Jangro’s ‘Learning Management Solution’ was overall winner of the UK Cleaning Show’s Innovation Awards.
More than 70 exhibitors entered the UK Cleaning Show’s Innovation Awards and, for the first time, these were featured in an Innovation Zone at the show. Judging by a team of industry professionals took place on the opening day on each of the finalists’ stands.
The Cleaning Show was held at Birmingham’s NEC from 19 to 21 March, 2013.
The UK’s largest network of independent janitorial suppliers, Jangro launched what is said to be the first ever distance learning program for the cleaning industry.
Jangro’s Learning Management Solution enables users to ‘educate cleaning staff anywhere, anytime, at a fraction of the cost of traditional training methods.
Innovation Award Category winners were:
* Carpet & Upholstery cleaning product & services: WoolSafe Stain Removal Guide App
* Chemicals & dosing system: OEMAchem – Invisakill
* Eco/green product: Delphis Eco – Foaming Oven Cleaner
* Floor cleaning machines (indoors): ICE/Cleanfix – RA535 Ride-On Scrubber Dryer
* Floor cleaning machines (outdoors): PTS Clean – Picobello 151 Manual Sweeper
* Food hygiene products & services: Centrego – The Toucan Mini
* Healthcare products & services: Addgards Co – Hand & Handle Wet Wipe Dispenser
* Laundry & dishwashing products & services: Miele Professional – PT5137
* Pressure washers/graffiti removal products & services: MAC International – Permahot Machine
* Retail cleaning products & services: HTC Floor Systems- Twister Retail
* Software & management systems: Jangro – Jangro Learning Management Solution (JLMS)
* Washroom products & services: Connect Hygiene – Leonardo Compact Range
* Window cleaning products & services: Unger UK- HiFlo Lite/Waterfed Pole Technology
* Overall Winner Award: Jangro
Jangro’s sales and marketing director Jeremy Thorn said: “We were very busy on the first day and struggled to meet the demand for our show offer of a free training program. During the first two hours our stand was inundated with people and we downloaded over 100 training Apps.
“Also, we had a great interest in our range of 4,000 products. Our product catalogue was being taken at a very rapid rate and we have ordered more for the remaining days. We were very pleased with both the quality and the quantity of the visitors.”
Neil Nixon, judging panel chair and C&M editor, said: “The Innovation Awards continue to grow in stature at every show and this year we have been thrilled with the high standard of entries from all the exhibitors that took part. Competition has been fierce and we’ve had some excellent winners.”