Almost 140 executive housekeepers, sponsors and guests came together from South East Queensland and northern NSW to celebrate the leaders of the executive housekeeping industry at the very first annual Sunfresh Linen Housekeepers Awards on Saturday 17 February.
Held at the Blackbird Bar & Grill in Brisbane, the event was sponsored by Sunfresh; Cobro Group, Sci-Fleet Hino; Weatherdon and Accor.
Sunfresh CEO Steven George said the idea to host an awards night came about after the group’s leadership team discovered executive housekeepers often don’t have much contact with end-users.
“We created a recognition program for executive housekeepers, and part of that program was the annual awards dinner,” explained George.
“Our plan is to take this nationally. We wanted to start on the right foot with the inaugural awards night to recognise the housekeepers who have been in the business for a very long time. But it’s a work in progress and we are looking to expand and add new award categories like ‘Up and Coming Housekeeper’.”
South East Queensland Professional Housekeepers Association’s (SEQPHA) Melissa Bent said the night was full of dining, dancing, fun and awards.
Congratulations to the Sunfresh Linen award winners for their contribution to the industry:
- Lesley Lens – Sofitel, Brisbane (Award sponsored by Cobro)
- Sue Fryer – Rydges Southbank, Brisbane (Award sponsored by Sci-Fleet Hino)
- Wendy Robson – Seaworld Resort, Gold Coast (Award sponsored by Weatherdon)
- Christina Vermehlo – Atlantic Guest House, Byron Bay (Award sponsored by Accor)
- Libby Sharp – president of SEQPHA (Award sponsored by Sunfresh Linen)
For more information on the award winners, visit www.sunfreshlinen.com.au/awardwinners