A new draft version of GECA’s cleaning services standard is now available for public comment.
GECA has created this standard to define environmental and social performance criteria for the provision of cleaning services, particularly the environmental impacts resulting from activities undertaken by service providers.
The Cleaning Services (CSv2.0-2020) standard applies to general cleaning services. This includes the following categories:
- Domestic (household) cleaning
- Commercial cleaning (e.g., offices, schools, shopping centres, public buildings, outdoor and event cleaning)
- Healthcare facilities cleaning (as long as there is no conflict between existing policies in the healthcare facility and cleaning procedures based on GECA standard)
- Window cleaning that can be reached without the use of any lifts (not requiring working at heights)
- Hard floor strip and sealing (e.g., wooden floors, tiles, stone)
- Carpet cleaning (e.g., hot water extraction, encapsulation)
GECA welcomes comments on the standard from the public and industry professionals until 12 February 2021.
A draft copy of the standard is available here.
Comments and feedback can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or +61 (2) 9699 2850.
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to INCLEAN’s newsletter.