The Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) has welcomed new facilities to its GBAC STAR Accreditation Program.
GBAC STAR is designed for any size facility – including schools, offices, hotels, airports, assisted care facilities, stadiums and other public venues – to establish a comprehensive system of cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention.
Recently committed facilities include:
- Lincoln Financial Field, home to the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles
- Staples Center in Los Angeles, home to the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the WNBA’s Los Angeles Sparks
- Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla
- Georgia World Congress Center Authority: Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta and Savannah Convention Center
- New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center
- San Diego Convention Center
- Christ Fellowship Church and its locations throughout South Florida
- The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd., which represents more than 400 hotels in more than 80 countries.
GBAC STAR also has garnered additional support from leading industry organisations, including:
- Society of Independent Show Organisers (SISO) and its more than 195 members that produce more than 3500 events globally
- Freeman + Go LIVE Together, a coalition of leaders from the live events industry that represent more than 4000 companies with US operations and 112 other countries
- The Infection Prevention Strategy (TIPS), a nonprofit that extends to 30-plus countries and advances innovations, ideas and processes in global health
- Unique Venues and its 1100 members throughout the United States and Canada.
Patricia Olinger, GBAC executive director, said the company, a division of ISSA, is thrilled with the response the program has received and are excited to welcome a new group of dedicated participants.
“With more and more organisations committing to follow the GBAC STAR framework, we can create a world that values cleanliness and implements it to the highest degree,” Olinger said.
The industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation, GBAC STAR helps organisations establish protocols and procedures, offers expert-led training and assesses a facility’s preparedness for biorisk situations.
ISSA executive director John Barrett, said now is the time for businesses of every size to be transparent about the measures they’re taking to protect customers and employees, including proper cleaning and disinfection.
“GBAC STAR program participants demonstrate their commitment to going the extra mile by implementing prevention and response best practices that support health and safety.”
Facilities that previously announced they are pursuing GBAC STAR accreditation include: Hard Rock Stadium in Miami; Hyatt Hotels & Resorts; VisitDallas, the Dallas Tourism & Public Improvement District and Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas; McCormick Place in Chicago; the Las Vegas Convention Center; and Harry Caray’s Restaurant Group.
Additional industry groups that previously announced their support of GBAC STAR with their constituents include: International Association of Venue Managers; International Facility Management Association; the Global Market Development Center; Illinois Hotel & Lodging Association; Informa Markets; International Association of Exhibitions and Events; Professional Beauty Association; Media Edge Communications; and Trade Show Executive Media.
For accreditation criteria and facility applications, visit www.gbac.org.
INCLEAN is published by Intermedia on behalf of ISSA
Comment below to have your say on this story.
If you have a news story or tip-off, get in touch at email@example.com.
Sign up to INCLEAN’s newsletter.