Finalists for the Facility Management Association’s (FMA’s) FM Industry Awards for Excellence have been announced, with cleaning firms GJK Facility Services and ARA Indigenous Services & ARA Property Services among the nominees.
The FM Industry Awards for Excellence awards celebrate success in facilities management across nine categories including FM of the Year and Young Achiever of the Year.
FMA CEO Nicholas Burt said the awards program continues to grow each year.
“The number and quality of this year’s nominations was the highest yet, resulting in strong competition across all categories,” Burt said.
Individual award categories include:
FM of the Year
- David Scarce – Broadspectrum Property
- Deniz Horasan – Knight Frank Australia
- Paul Annett – Assetlink
Young Achiever of the Year
- Allan Barnes – BGIS
- Clare Hubbard – Programmed Facility Management
- Joseph Dumbrell – Broadspectrum Property
Leadership in Diversity in Industry
- George Stamas – GJK Facility Services
- Kristy Megaw – Cushman & Wakefield
- Michael O’Loughlin – ARA Indigenous Services & ARA Property Services
Team/organisation award categories include:
Excellence in FM
- Airmaster – 26 Brisbane Ave Data Driven Maintenance and NABERS Target Requirements (Corporate/Offices)
- BGIS – BGIS Managing Defence EMOS Ranges Special Facilities (Government/Special Purpose)
- BUENO – BUENO & Crown – Data Utilisation for Sustainability (Tourist Accommodation/Hotels)
- Crown Melbourne – Integration & Alignment of Facilities Services (Tourist Accommodation/ Hotels)
- HFM Asset Management – HFM’s implementation of efficient & innovative Facility Management in Australia’s North West (Residential)
- MBMpl – FM Advisory – UNSW Building Maintenance Services (Education/Schools)
- Programmed Facility Management – Hopkins Correctional Centre contract management (Government/Special Purpose)
- RMIT University Property Services Group – Accelerated Journey to ISO 55001 certification (Asset Management) (Education/Schools)
- Spotless Management Services – Sub-contractor Performance Measurement and Outcome Improvement Initiative (Government/Special Purpose
- Cushman & Wakefield & multiple FM partners – Vivid Sydney – Inclusive playground – Tumbalong Lights
- HFM & Core Vision – Strategic Business Partnership between HFM Asset Management & Core Vision to
deliver a cutting-edge Facility Management solution
- Switch Automation & Austec – Building Automation Partner to Save 12.6 per cent in Annual Energy Costs at the
Hyperdome Shopping Centre
- Cushman &Wakefield – Safe Work Assurance Platform (SWAP)
- Hendry – 3D to Infinity
- Talk Five – Talk 5
Occupant Safety & Wellbeing
- Knight Frank – Contractor check-ins and Property inspection apps
- Ventia – Establishing a High-Performance Safety Culture
- Hendry – Risk Assessment and Mitigation
People & Productivity
- HFM Asset Management – Facility Support Management as opposed to Facility Management
- University of Melbourne – Transforming Cleaning Servic
Sustainability & Environmental Impact
- JLL – Australian Prime Property Fund – Commercial: World Leading Sustainability in Operation
- University of Melbourne – Onsite Renewable Energy Generation
- Winya Indigenous Furniture – e-Board
Last month the FMA released its 2017-18 Facilities Management Industry Census. Produced in partnership with Programmed Facility Management, the 2017-18 Facilities Management Industry Census gauges the perceptions of those engaged in facilities management, including FM practitioners, purchasers and suppliers.
Now in its sixth edition, the census creates a snapshot of the industry across Australia and New Zealand, examining demographics, education, building portfolios and outsourcing.
Winners of the awards will be announced at the Awards Gala Dinner at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne on Thursday 15 November.