Diversey has published its annual sustainability report as part of its strategy to addresses key environmental, social and technological opportunities, including reducing greenhouse gas emissions, engage in ethical business practices and decrease its packaging footprint by 2025.
To create the new sustainability strategy, Diversey reviewed its current footprint and studied frameworks such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Daniel Daggett, executive director, sustainability and CSR, Diversey said the company has committed to 12 new sustainability goals as part of the report.
“As ‘Facilitators for Life’, we must identify ways to care for the environment as well as the people we employ, partner with and serve every day. We’ve committed to 12 new sustainability goals for Diversey and look forward to executing this strategy to drive progress in the coming years. The goals not only engage all Diversey employees, but will stimulate collaboration with our suppliers and customers to improve environmental stewardship and social responsibility,” Daggett said.
The new “Facilitators for Life” strategy consists of these 2025 goals:
Improve the Environment
- Reduce energy intensity in operations by 10 per cent
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions intensity in operations by 10 per cent
- Reduce waste to landfill in operations by 10 per cent
- Reduce water use intensity in operations by 10 per cent
Protect and Care for People
- Eliminate recordable workplace injuries of Diversey employees
- Ensure an ethical supply chain by engaging all suppliers with Diversey’s Supplier Code of Conduct
- Ensure ethical business practices by training all employees on Diversey’s Code of Conduct
- Improve the lives of people in the communities Diversey serves through Creating Shared Value (CSV) programs like Soap For Hope™
Innovate Sustainable Solution
- Quantify the sustainability value associated with Diversey products and solutions
- Integrate a sustainability scorecard into the innovation process for all new technologies
- Reduce Diversey’s packaging footprint and increase the recyclability of plastic packaging
- Improve the safety and environmental profile of products through absolute compliance with Diversey’s Responsible Chemistry Policy
Last week at the